Jeuveau | Xeomin
What are Neuromodulators?
Neuromodulators are used for the temporary relief of wrinkles (rhytids), most typically of the forehead, brow, and "crow’s feet" region. There are 4 commonly utilized FDA- approved neuromodulators in the United States: Botox, Dysport, Jeaveau, and Xeomin. Our practice offers Jeaveau and Xeomin. All these products are very similar in nature and effect with subtle differences between them. A small percentage of people will be resistant to one or more of these toxins. Therefore, when treated, if the utilized agent is either ineffective or less than fully effective, you may respond better to one of the others. These products will leave you looking younger and more rejuvenated.
What Do Neuromodulators Treat
Neuromodulators treat these common concerns:
Forehead Lines, 11's (or angry lines), Crows Feet, Bunny Lines, Liquid Brow Lift, Nasal Flaring, Jawline Slimming, Bruxism, Orange Peel/Witch Chin, Marionette Lines, Gummy Smile, Lip Flip, Submental Crease (line below your bottom lip)
What to Expect
When you arrive for your appointment, we'll discuss your goals, then develop a treatment plan to meet your needs. We want you to feel comfortable and excited about your procedure. Let us know any concerns you have, so we can address them.
The procedure is quick and easy. It takes about 15-30 minutes with minimal discomfort. If you're worried about discomfort, let us know. These injections have no downtime, so you may enjoy the rest of your day.
Avoid vigorous exercise, alcohol consumption, and exposure to excessive heat or sunlight for 24 hours, until you know how the medication affects you.
If you haven't already, now is a good time to commit to diligent and daily use of a SPF 30+ sunscreen.
Most clients see results in as little as 2-5 days. It may take 7-14 days for your to see maximum results from the procedure. Results are natural looking and typically last 3-5 months. You're going to love looking at your reflection again!
You are a candidate for neuromodulators if you're in good health. Pregnant and breastfeeding moms are excluded. If you have had hypersensitivity or an allergic reaction to botulinum A toxin products previously, you should avoid neuromodulators. Certain autoimmune diseases, Myasthenia Gravis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS),and Lambert-Eaton Syndrome are contraindications. Your injection area must be infection-free prior to injections. We suggest scheduling a complementary consultation prior to receiving neuromodulators to ensure you're a candidate.
Three days prior to your appointment, avoid taking medications and supplements that may cause bruising or bleeding. This includes over-the-counter medication such as aspirin, ibuprofen, Motrin, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements such as garlic, vitamin E, gingko biloba, St. John's Wort and omega-3 capsules. Please check with your primary care provider prior to stopping use of aspirin or anti-coagulants.
- Do not lie down or bend over with your head down within 4 hours following your treatment. Please squat rather than bending over at the waist during this time.
- Avoid touching your face for 4 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup the day of procedure to minimize risk for infection.
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area unless instructed by provider.
- Avoid tanning, extensive sun, or heat for 24 hours (no sauna, hot tub).
- Avoid strenuous exercise or anything that increases your heart rate for 24 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excessive swelling the day of your treatment.
- If there is bruising at the injection site, ice the area(s) for 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off, as much as possible for the first 24 hours while awake.
- Avoid facials, massages, exfoliating the area for one day post-procedure.
- Please wait until the day after treatment before wearing hats or headbands.
- Use Tylenol (acetaminophen) for headache or discomfort. No NSAIDs (ibuprofen, aspirin) for 24 hours as they can increase bleeding.
- If this is your first neurotoxin treatment, please follow up 2 weeks post-treatment with your provider for reevaluation and "after" photos. This will help us evaluate proper dosage for your next treatment.